The Ramblings of a Cuteasaurus

Friday, February 25, 2005

Just thought you'd like to know

For those who've been watching the news, you may have noticed that the Pope got a tracheotomy. Earlier I'd mentioned that I've seen and "helped" in a trach. However, not all trachs are planned and sometimes an emergency trach is performed, like when someone is choking. During anatomy a professor demonstrated an emergency trach on a cadaver and emphasized how important they are when someone is choking and the Heimlich doesn't work. Anyway, the point of all this is...if you're choking and need a trach, turns out I am "qualified" to do one of the pen or steakknife variety...just in case...

1 Comments:

  • At February 26, 2005 at 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now, I might be way off here, but it seems to me like you're just looking for an excuse to stab someone in the throat. :S

    ~nikhil

     

Post a Comment

<< Home