The Ramblings of a Cuteasaurus

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A serious problem...

ok, not really...but I'm ahving some "issues" deciding how much is appropriate to spend on couches. Specifically, the options are couch + loveseat (the standard) or I can get a sectional (which I think I'd really prefer). Once I decide which way to go ...then I can either get straight couches (no, not opposed to gay ones :P) or I can get couches with the pull-out sleeper beds. Assuming I went the "most expensive" option of sectional with pull-out bed, how much do you think it too much? In other words, how much would you be willing to pay for these extras? *sigh* As someone who likes to save money unless it's obviously worth the extra cost (in terms of price of materials and utility to me) I am a very confused girl...

3 Comments:

  • At June 21, 2005 at 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just got some furniture so I know how confusing it can be to make choices!! (I also worked in a furniture store for a year!)I have a sectional now and I love it but there can be some down sides. They can be hard to place. If you move and have a small living room it won't fit well. We've lived in a few places where there wouldn't have been any good place to put one because of doorways or patio doors. I'm really happy with mine though. They are nice because they seat so many. Sleeper sofas can be nice too if you don't have a spare room for company to stay.l If you do have room I wouldn't bother though because most of them aren't very comfortable to sleep on. It may be better to spend the $200 you'll save buy skipping the sleeper on a really nice air mattress (like an aerobed) which is much more comfortable. We actually just bought a really nice air mattress at Walmart for about $40. It's a queen sized one and it's really thick. I hope this didn't make your decision worse! Go with what you like best!!

     
  • At June 22, 2005 at 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kennon and I spent approx. $900 on our current set of couches. We got them at an auction in South Dakota - they are very nice and we would have paid a significantly larger amount had we purchased them new.

    I guess - it comes down to how much you *want* to spend total. We went to Ikea this weekend and found an absolutely beautiful (and very comfortable) softa for under $300 that I hope someday in the next two months will be mine...

    Just need to set an over-all budget for your furniture and stick to it. Once you know how much you want to spend on *everything,* purchasing becomes much easier.

     
  • At June 22, 2005 at 1:27 PM, Blogger Cuteasaurus said…

    You went to Ikea and didn't invite me? :(


    ... ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home