The Ramblings of a Cuteasaurus

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Ward Assignments

As you may or may not know, 2nd year med school ends for me in less than a month and then I make the move to 3rd year and the Wards. (*cheer*) But, as this day has been approaching, we haven't known what rotations we were doing. We put in our requests for the first 3 (last quarter of this year, summer, and fall) and finally got our results this week. There are certain required, or "basic" rotations and then there are electives that you can use to fill in the rest of your time. It's especially difficult to get the basic rotations in the order you want since everyone needs em.

Anyway, I got my first choices for pretty much everything, though I don't have an assignment for the 2nd half of this quarter. Perhaps I'll take vacation...hard to say. I do have vacation time from the second half of July to the end of August though. But, before you cheer at the long stretch of time off, I have to tell you that the time off is for my boards. Boo! They say take about a month to study for them, but I wanted a month and a half.

I ended up with Child/Adol Psychiatry for the first half of this quarter, Ob/Gyn this summer, and Internal Medicine after my boards.

On a more entertaining note: I meant to put this up during the Super-Bowl season. On Animal Planet, during the Super-Bowl, realizing that they cater to a different audience...had the Puppy Bowl!! That's right...HOURS of watching puppies run around and play with each other in a football stadium replica. Pure entertainment. http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/puppybowl/about/about.html
Guess what the half-time show was? Kitties!! You can't make this stuff up. :)

1 Comments:

  • At February 27, 2006 at 4:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    The Puppy Bowl was on last year too. Kristin and I got drawn in both this year and last. When I first saw it last year, I was hoping that there was actually some sort of scoring system. Eventually we realized that it was just puppies being puppies.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home