The Ramblings of a Cuteasaurus

Sunday, May 29, 2005

My parents might have a heart attack

As many of you are well-aware, I have a documented dislike of all things seafood: If it came from the ocean, I didn't eat it (with the exception of crab rangoons, though I'm sure that was imitation crab and barely any at that). Since Tuesday is our White Coat Ceremony, many of my classmates have family coming into town. My dad's flying in Monday night. :) Anyway, Emily invited Amber and I to go eat with her family. They had made reservations atMcCormick &Schmick's Seafood. It is a super-nice restaurant and expensive to boot. There was a small listing of non-seafood items (maybe 6 on this HUGE menu) but I decided to order fish. Why? Well, I thought maybe the problem isn't seafood, maybe I just don't like bad seafood. I can't imagine the "best" specimens are flown to SD on a timely basis. There was much wine (oh my) and calamari and wonderful sourdough bread (mmm!). Eventually dinner came and my mahi mahi (in bacon butter!) was wonderful. I also tried the seared tuna Amber had and the tilapia Emily ordered. So, at the end of the night, I tried 4 seafood items and liked ALL of them. I'm afraid to call my mom, because I think she'll faint from the shock. She's been trying to get me to eat fish for ...shesh, probably a good 20 years. And, at the end I had this strawberry mousse shortcake thing. Mmmm... Anyway, the best part of the evening? Emily's dad (a prosecutor) picked up the check. He's super-nice. And fish? I don't think they're evil anymore...though I still don't like shellfish. ;)

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home