The Ramblings of a Cuteasaurus

Friday, June 24, 2005

I'd rather not say I told you so...

It's happened again. The US has a confirmed case of BSE (aka mad cow disease). Honestly, I had kind of hoped that I was wrong. However, as time goes on, little by little what I've feared would happen is coming true. (aside- for those of you who don't remember, prions and thus BSE has been the subject of quite a bit of my attention over the years. It was the subject of my Goldwater app and the analytical tests used to detect it was the subject of my senior chemistry paper.) I'm going to "look" into this some more and try and figure out if the US can claim this one is "not my fault" like they did last time. It's a very weird feeling though, knowing that you'll probably be vindicated and yet not really wanting to be... I feel like Ian Malcolm. :S


PS- Check out this link for a nice article on the holes that still remain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home