The Ramblings of a Cuteasaurus

Thursday, July 14, 2005

My bra set off the metal detector ...

As you may or may not know, I'm doing a lot of legislative things at my job and thus end up having to go to DC for hearings. The first time I got to hang out with Liz and have supper with Kennon and aformentioned Liz. Tuesday I had to go down again, and I set off the metal detector on my way into the building. They did the little waving metal wand thing and it was pretty obvious that my bra was the culprit...lucky for me they didn't seem to care. And, the other person from my office who came to the hearing with me didn't seem to notice since he was too busy taking change out of his pocket. Whew. That could have been a fun converstaion. After the hearing (which was entertaining at times, though probably not to anyone but me so I'll spare you the "transcript"), it was time for lunch (that I can claim on my expense report...hooray!). I convinced him that was should go to Jaleo because it's probably my favorite restaurant in DC. It is a Spanish Tapas place and there are some dishes I absolutely love...AND they make awesome Sangria. Anyway, I decided to try something new and ordered shark. Maybe even Kennon would like it because it was breaded and deep-fried. ;) It was...interesting. As you may remember, I am terrified of sharks (even in pools) and I could always say that at least I've never eaten them so they wouldn't want to eat me. Alas, this is no longer the case, but since I avoid the water, perhaps this will never be an issue.
I just learned I'm heading down to DC for a hearing on the 19th (at 2pm, thank goodness, those early morning ones are a PAIN when you have to commute from Baltimore). The interesting thing about this is that now I will def. be in DC on the day that my sister (at Science Camp in WV) will be (for their DC "field-trip"). I would really like to see her, but I'm a little bit nervous too since one of the counselors was someone I had one of those "almost" relationships with. I was supposed to meet him for dinner in the UK a couple summers ago, but backed out (Kennon may remember this). He's the one who sent me the schedule for where they'd be in DC on the 19th. Felicia said that someone had thought they couldn't have vistors in DC, but he says that all alums are invited to come hang out. I guess I'll end up trying to meet them since I will be in the city, but seriously I'm not sure why I get so nervous at the thought of seeing him again. Bleh. Stick me in a social isolation box, I'm not good at this. ;)

1 Comments:

  • At July 14, 2005 at 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    {clap, clap} You have the best stories, Clarissa. While I am trying to entertain in a tabloid sorta way, you are certainly walking away with this summer's bloggertainment trophy.

    {shudder, twitch}

    Help! Shark! {sounds of chewing} Oh...never mind.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home