The Ramblings of a Cuteasaurus

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Queen of Amino Acids

We had our first test this morning. There were open and closed book sections. I totally kicked those amino acids' butts in the closed book section. The closed book section was mostly just the stuff we had to memorize like all the amino acids, their 3 and 1 letter codes, and their functionalities. How tryptophan's 1 letter code became W, I guess I'll never know. Anyway, the test in general was tough, but fair. I guess I'll wait and see how I do. I'm exhausted from staying up late and getting up early, but alas we still have class today. I do now have 1 1/2 hrs of free time before lectures (hooray!) but that's probably not enough time for a nap. If I had to pick a word to describe med school so far, I think I'd go with "intense." There just isn't time for things...like sleeping and breathing. But, it's finally stuff that I do want to learn. Well, ok not yet, but soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home