The Ramblings of a Cuteasaurus

Monday, August 01, 2005

Top Ten (my first ever!)

Ok, it's taken a bit of work to come up with this top ten, since I have never before thought of ranking my favorite songs. And, then the question of top ten songs for "what" comes up. Are they supposed to be the "best" songs or just the ones you like the most? In assessing my top ten, I've decided to go with a mix- mostly it's just songs I like, but there is also a heavy emphasis on lyrics that mean something and especially those that say it better than any other song on the subject.
1) Desire- U2
2) Paper Bag- Fiona Apple
3) I am the Highway- Audioslave
4) Deep- NIN
5) This is how my heart heard- Duncan Sheik
6) The World is Not Enough- Garbage
7) Heart-shaped Box- Nirvana
8) Lay Lady Lay- Ministry (The song itself should make it on the top 10, but I like Ministry's version the best)
9) Jessie's Girl- Rick Springfield
10) Untouchable Face- Ani DiFranco

Honorable Mentions: Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up, The Cars' Drive, and of course...Mexican Radio.

3 Comments:

  • At August 1, 2005 at 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was wondering which U2 would make the list . . . Desire is a good one! just for the record, my favorite U2 songs are "bad" and "all I want is you"

    -- eric

     
  • At August 1, 2005 at 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hooray - love the list, some very good songs on there i must say. :)
    thank you for joining in
    brenden

     
  • At August 2, 2005 at 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah for number 10!!

    -Kortney

     

Post a Comment

<< Home