The Ramblings of a Cuteasaurus

Friday, October 21, 2005

Life-changing...again

Last night was the U2 show in DC. I had been looking forward to it since...I don't even remember, but I'm pretty sure I've had these tickets since April at least. Anyway, the last time I saw them I was a freshman in college (5 years ago) and it was a life-changing event. While I do feel a little saying that about seeing a band, it doesn't make it any less true.
So, the concert started at 7:30, but I wasn't too concerned if I missed Ziggy Marley (the opening act) so we (emily and I) arrived around 8:30. U2 took the stage at 9 and I almost started crying I was so excited. (I know..I'm such a girl!) They played a lot of good, new stuff and threw in some of the older stuff they don't play so often.
Washington 2 Setlist: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, Electric Co., Out of Control!, Still Haven’t Found What I'm Looking For, Beautiful Day, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride in the Name of Love, Where the Streets have no Name, One, Walk On, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, With or Without You, All Because of You, Bad
We left after the first encore, so I missed All because of you and Bad, but I still got back pretty late, so I'm not upset.
Highlights: The Secretary of State was in the audience, before Miss Sarajevo U2 decided that we should sing happy birthday to Pavarotti since he turns 70 this week, Sunday Bloody Sunday (my favorite song), AND I got a new hoodie.


Speaking of new music...the new Fiona Apple cd is awesome and so far my only complaint is that the cover art seems a little "off" with the tone of the album. If you bought her previous 2 cds then you should pick this one up too.

I was fairly certain I had other things to report since it's been a long time since I've written anything here...but I've since forgotten, so another time. :)

2 Comments:

  • At October 21, 2005 at 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *sniff* I was at 726 Broadway pretending to summarize a 1995 political science paper I hadn't read. :(

    We'll take care of that Garbage purchase--as well as a Fiona purchase for me--just as soon as I get down there.

     
  • At October 23, 2005 at 10:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I must echo Kennon's query. You can't say you had a life-changing event without explaining how your life has changed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home