The Ramblings of a Cuteasaurus

Monday, September 05, 2005

One and a half years is far too long...

Kortney came to visit this weekend...wheee! While a good deal of time was spent watching horrible (Frankenfish, Dragon Storm, etc) and good (Shaun of the Dead) movies, we did do some other more entertaining things. Chris and I made supper on Sat. night and so we had a "dinner party" of Chris, Kortney, Kennon, Liz, and myself. Mmmm Chicken Kiev. In additional to various other foodstuffs, there was Sangria, Strawberry Daquiris, and Fuzzy Navels. All and all it was a good time. Sunday was spent in the Inner Harbor and after walking around we had dinner at M&S's (the seafood restaurant from a couple months ago) and I had yummy tilapia again. Tastiest fish EVER. :) Oh, we also met Kortney's boy Aaron this weekend. We didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with him, but he seems really nice and he's super-funny. We also met some of his friends who live in Baltimore. It's always nice to meet other people in Baltimore outside of the medical school kids (I love 'em, but I see them EVERYDAY). During the course of the weekend, Kortney and I realized the last time I saw her was spring break my senior year during the "Maker's Mark/Wheeler" fiasco. Sadly...a year and a half ago...Far Too Long. :( But, she lives in pretty Colorado, so perhaps I'll get to go out and visit. I can hardly wait. :)

But, for all the fun I had this weekend, I've spent the last hour or so contemplating something sad. In short, it makes me sad when people from one's past, people that you may not speak to often, but you still care about and think of fondly seem to have essentially forgotten about you. It doesn't seem like it's been that long since high school in some respects, but in others, it's been a lifetime. And, while my statements are pretty general, it's the specifics that makes me sad. Perhaps I'm prone to being sad since Kortney just left, but I think really it comes down to disappointment. It's disappointing when someone who was very important to you at one point has kinda written you out of his/her account of history. And, while I do understand that perhaps it's less painful this way, it's still sad. Perhaps this is confusing for most of you...I can explain over messenger if you're really curious, but it's getting late and I have class at 8 tomorrow morning, so I best be off to bed. Night.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home