The Ramblings of a Cuteasaurus

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

They're here!!

Chris and Tye arrived on Saturday. Hooray! Saturday night was mostly "hanging out." Sunday morning I made a traditional eggs, bacon, and pancakes breakfast, so for the rest of Sunday (and a lot of Monday) the apartment smelled of bacon. On Sunday I tried to show Tye some of the cooler things in Baltimore, but there wasn't really much time for anything so hopefully he was at least mildly entertained. I drove Chris and Tye out to Towson to go to the mall and then we decided we wanted to go to the Wal-Mart I found last week...so I get back on the interstate and drive back to Baltimore with the intention of going to White Marsh. Right before we get to White Marsh I realize that the Wal-Mart is actually in Towson so I make a loop to get back to where we started. That's right, it took me at least 1/2 hr (probably more like an hr) to drive a distance that should've taken 5 minutes. It's even more comical when you realize what an endeavor it is to drive from Towson to Baltimore to White Marsh back to Towson. I swear, sometimes I'm just not paying attention.
Early Monday morning, we took Tye to the airport for his first airplane ride. Then, it was time to go back home. Chris and I went to IKEA later that day...and we were there a LONG time. We emerged a coffee table, end table, tv stand, 4 chairs, sidebar, and dresser richer. We'll have to go back later for the couch, bookshelf (it was to big for my car), desk, and baker's rack. It seems like there are other things we need...but since I can't think of anything else, perhaps not. Chris had a lot of fun putting together all the furniture since he likened it to "grown-up legos." Things are still a little messy, but there is a lot more structure now at least.
I'm pretty tired too...but I suppose it's best that I'm at work since I'm going to need to get paid if I want to keep buying furniture... ;)

3 Comments:

  • At August 9, 2005 at 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HOORAY FOR YOU :)
    Glad to hear things are coming together. Saw Tye yesterday and he was doing well. Take care and talk to you again soon Woof Woof.
    hubes

     
  • At August 10, 2005 at 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you read my comment on your last post. :D Plus, I love Ikea because they make a me-blankie!

     
  • At August 10, 2005 at 4:57 PM, Blogger Cuteasaurus said…

    B- Glad to hear Tye made it back ok. :) But, how is your impending move going? ;)

    F- Yes, the Felicia blanket is very nice. I discovered they make it another color as well, so let me know if you want me to get you another one. Speaking of blogs- why don't you update yours... :P

    K- Far more people liken their experiences with IKEA to what you said than to Chris'. I think he actually *likes* it. However, to be fair, a lot of the stuff he's been assembling is not particle-board. We bought a lot of actual wood furniture too (albeit pine or birch) which made my dad very proud. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home