The Ramblings of a Cuteasaurus

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Mark your Calendars

for the Farscape miniseries. It's in October and I'm so excited! If only this stupid place had cable. Grrr... maybe if I plead with my friends and family they'll tape it for me. I suppose it's possible that there are other Farscape fans in my medical school class (so that I could watch it with someone), but I'm not sure how to brooch that subject. I imagine the conversation would go like this:
Me: "Hi, I'm a nerd."
Them: "Oh" (slowly backing away)
Me: "Do you like Farscape?"
Them: "Far- what? Is that the show with the alien puppets? I think my 13 year old brother watches that."
Me: *sigh* "nevermind..." (heads to social isolation corner)

I think boys have it much easier. They can be geeks a little more openly. If other girls found out that I have in fact played and enjoyed RPGs, I'm sure my girly license would be revoked. And then I wouldn't get to shop anymore :( There should be a secret handshake...well maybe not a handshake, as mentioned earlier, I don't really want to have any physical contacts with my classmates. :S Maybe there should be pins. They could be pretty and functional.

3 Comments:

  • At September 13, 2004 at 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I suggest a new strategy. Let the wookiee win.

    -C3PO

     
  • At September 17, 2004 at 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What?! Being a nerd is something of which a person should be ashamed?! *horrified gasp* Clarissa, have I taught you nothing! Now march right outside your room and yell at the top of your lungs, "I'm a nerd and darn proud of it!" Only then will I start loving you again.

    Well... either it's that, or you need to let me poke you in the belly when you come home. You decide.

    -your very, very, very geeky sister,
    Felicia

    P.S. Weeeee!!!! Farscape!!!! :D

     
  • At September 22, 2004 at 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wouldnt consider myself a geek, but a nerd who is a recluse. muahahahaha. I dont know why i did that. It's probably not funny to be a recluse. Sigh. Im sure there are geeks out there clarissa that are also extremely girly. Or I could be wrong and you are the only one...? meh, im bored. But i think i shall go back to studying. Toodles.

    Vanessa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home