The Ramblings of a Cuteasaurus

Thursday, March 24, 2005

What do you guys think?

Ok, here's where I'm at with the apartment-ness: The apt building I saw has some possible openings, but it's all kinda come down to this one apt. It's bigger than I had originally thought I needed, but 1300ish sq ft does sound nice. :) Rent is fine. There is street parking or you can pay for a spot in the lot (70/month), but I'm not sure what the situation on getting to school is. It's not so far (2 miles-ish). However, if I drive to school I probably need to continue paying for parking (105/month). Or, I can utilize the public transport system. The closest bus stop is 2 blocks away, but I think I'd have to transfer...maybe even 2 times. There is a "subway" system that is only one line and there is a stop (not sure how many blocks away) kinda in the area, and maybe Chris could drop me off there. The lightrail system is good and is also 2 blocks away. I could take that and transfer to the subway. So, I guess I'm wondering...do I take this good apt? Do I "try out" these options first? Do I just say suck it up and pay the extra parking fee? Or, do I just look for somewhere else? Shesh.

2 Comments:

  • At March 25, 2005 at 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If I were you, I'd keep looking around and see what else is out there, cuz it seems to me that there really isn't any convienent way to travel with this apartment. Maybe there isn't anything better, but what's the harm in looking?

     
  • At March 25, 2005 at 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Travel in the city is hard no matter how you look at it. You always need to walk to the bus, train, or pay for parking. Really no way to get around it... my guess would be you'll end up paying the extra for parking no matter where you live... But, just my guess! :)

    Is this the apartment with the curved wall??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home